Tuesday, January 27, 2009

somewhere i have never travelled - e.e. cummings

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
any experience, your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skilfully, mysteriously) her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
compels me with the colour of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

1 comment:

  1. This poem is so beautiful and as a straight male i am still shocked to say this but it is the only work of writing that can make me FEEL inside live and breathe like this poem rock on squiggly wiggles haha byebye rosejasmine elephants that look like wispy waterflies running as fast as jesus lizards whose mouth open as wide as the aladdin lion cave that closes as fast as the man who ran, Usain Bolt who I so dearly like not just for breaking records but also for being able to supposedly blow a balloon underwater. Is that possible that is soo crazy I love him, like I love Kobe Briyant I mean the guys from Italy and hes so cool and is an american and knows languags, hes a pimp with the ladies, and at the game, a champiuon on the court like basketball or hockey court whose court is beige or white. In alice and wonderlandc the card figures that speak are so whacky and wild you have to give the author some credit, although truthfuly he was under the influence of about 7 different drugs when he wrote the story...story HARRY POTTER! I love those books more than I love myself and they remind me so much of growiung up it's crazy, they're better than any cab ride down the New York Metropolitan area, WALL-E !!!!!!peace out home dogg rabbits.

    ReplyDelete